Virtual Roundtable: Anti-Racism for Allies
November 10, 2020
by HUB International
Download the event handout that includes a glossary of terms and a variety of links to resources that will help you lean into becoming an anti-racist ally.
Padlet with topics and additional resources: https://padlet.com/veronicasmith3/dpr20emv2sh8fc2v
HUB International hosted a virtual roundtable to engage Washington State business executives, HR professionals, and employees in a discussion about how they could lean in on issues of race and racism in the workplace.
To understand the connection between diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and organizational culture, we must each cultivate greater self-awareness and open mindedness. Increasing your understanding of DEI terms, concepts, frameworks and best practices is critical to becoming an inclusive leader in your organization and creating a culture of belonging.
HUB is partnering with leaders in DEI to jump start the conversation and provide resources that you can use in your personal and professional lives to be anti-racist.
- Why professionals and businesses should lean in on issues of race
- Racial issues are complex: Where do you start?
- How businesses can incorporate an organizational assessment around race and inclusion
- Ways businesses can come up with a strategic plan and goals that can be met
- The biggest mistakes we see businesses make when trying to lean in on issues of race
Round Table Members: