On Tuesday, November 10, data2insight founder and lead scientist, Veronica Smith, joined Maleah Jackson, management consultant, Joseph Jordan, brand management consultant, Karen Galipeau Forner, Managing Law Partner, and Mary Marshall, executive coach, consultant, and author for a virtual roundtable sponsored by HUB International to engage Washington State business executives, HR professionals, and employees in a discussion about how they could lean in on issues of race and racism in the workplace.
To understand the connection between diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and organizational culture, we must each cultivate greater self-awareness and open mindedness. Increasing your understanding of DEI terms, concepts, frameworks and best practices is critical to becoming an inclusive leader in your organization and creating a culture of belonging.
THE TOPICS WE DISCUSSED:
- Why professionals and businesses should lean in on issues of race
- Racial issues are complex: Where do you start?
- How businesses can incorporate an organizational assessment around race and inclusion
- Ways businesses can come up with a strategic plan and goals that can be met
- The biggest mistakes we see businesses make when trying to lean in on issues of race